Here are the review, price, photos and videos of the new 2017 BMW 5-Series (G30) which has 7 builds. The price of the most simple 2017 BMW 5 4 doors is from €45,200. The basis of the new car is the CLAR platform. The weight of the 7 generation of the vehicle has decreased in comparison with the predecessor. The BMW 520d sedan base build with the diesel engine weighs 1500 kg only. The weight of the BMW 530i with the petrol engine is 1615 kg.
The exterior of the new 5-series is the result of work of the Design BMW Automobiles studio (head of Karim Habib). The new generation of the BMW 5 G30 demonstrates an evolutionary development of traditional style of previous generations. The model has many similarities with the new BMW 7-Series too.
For the new sedan were designed exterior design options: Sport Line, Luxury Line and the most charismatic M Sport.
The interior of the new car is a role model. He is both sporty orientation of the driver and premium style. Premium finishing materials (natural and artificial leather, wood, aluminum, carbon fiber).
What are inside:
- Multifunction steering wheel with three stylish spokes, concise instrument panel,
- Projection color display, multimedia systems (the best is ConnectedDrive with 12.25-inch screen, voice control and gestures, Apple CarPlay, integration with smartphones, navigation, circular view Remote 3D View system, internet LTE),
- As a basic two-zone or as an optional four-zone climate-control,
- First row of seats with electric heating, ventilation, and even massage function at a charge,
- Various audio systems (including 1400-watt Bowers & Wilkins 16-speaker), LED backlight salon, a cozy back row, tablets for rear passengers.
2017 BMW 5-series specifications
Diesel versions of the new generation of the BMW 5-Series Sedan 2017-2018 year:
- BMW 520d with a 2.0-liter engine (190 hp 400 Nm) accelerates to 100 km/h for 7.7 seconds (if a full drive xDrive in 7.6 seconds), fuel consumption of just 4.1-4.2 liters.
- BMW 520d Efficient Dynamics Edition with a 2.0-liter (190 hp 400 Nm) accelerates to 100 km/h in 7.5 seconds, fuel consumption of 3.9 liters.
- BMW 530d with a 3.0-liter engine (265 hp 620 Nm) accelerates to 100 km/h in just 5.7 seconds (with xDrive all-wheel drive in 5.4 seconds), the fuel consumption of 4.5-4.7 liters.
Petrol versions of the 7 generation 2017 BMW 5-Series Sedan:
- BMW 530i 2,0-liter (252 hp 350 Nm) accelerates to 100 km/h in 6.2 seconds (with 6.0 seconds for the xDrive), rear-wheel drive has a fuel consumption of 5.4 liter, four-wheel drive xDrive has a fuel consumption of 5 7 liters.
- BMW 540i 3,0-liter (340 hp 450 Nm) accelerates to 100 km/h in 5.1 seconds (with xDrive in 4.8 seconds), the fuel consumption of 6.5 liters -6.7.
- BMW M550i xDrive 4,4-liter V8 (462 hp 659 Nm) accelerates to 100 km/h for 4.0 seconds, fuel consumption of 8.9 liters.
The BMW 530e iPerformance Hybrid with the 2.0-liter petrol engine and BMW eDrive system (252 hp 420 Nm), the fuel consumption of 2 liters, accelerates to 100 km/h in 6.2 seconds. In electric mode, the vehicle is able to travel up to 45 km, and accelerate to a top speed of 140 km/h.
The choice of two transmissions. Manual 6-speed only for the base diesel BMW 520d. All other builds have 8-speed Steptronic automatic.