The new 4 door sedan Cadillac CTS-V went on the market. It has a Supercharged 6.2L V8 Engine (640 forces), which works with a 8 speed automatic transmission. The price of “hot” sedan starts from $83995 in the USA. Get the review of the 2017 Cadillac CTS-V.
What differentiates the new vehicle from competitors – the most powerful engine, the car accelerates from 0 to 100 kmh in just 3.7 seconds, and gaining the top speed of 322 mph. External differences between normal and “charged” sedan is just the visible part of the improvements. There is also hidden revisions of the body, and chassis, a suspension and a steering, which all together are able to withstand the incredible engine power and the torque of 855 Nm. The carbon fiber hood is as standard. But the carbon fiber front splitter, the rear diffuser and the spoiler on the trunk lid, forged aluminum 19-inch wheels with low profile tires Michelin Pilot Super Sport are as options. The standard build has aerodynamic components made of a conventional plastic.
Also, there are:
- Brembo braking system with 390 mm discs and 6 calipers in the front, 365 mm discs and 4 calipers in the rear,
- Adaptive shock absorbers Magnetic Ride Control of the third generation,
- Chassis control system Performance Traction Management,
- Upgraded front and rear suspensions,
- Car body`s rigidity increased by 25% (by adding many powerful struts and partitions),
- Improved power steering ZF Servotronic II.
The interior of the new Cadillac CTS-V offers high-quality finishing materials and a rich set of advanced equipment.
- 12.3-inch full color screen dashboard,
- Head-Up Display,
- Cadillac CUE Multimedia System with 8-inch touch color screen (Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Bluetooth, navigation, audio system Bose Surround Sound, cameras of front and rear view, OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi),
- Multifunction steering wheel with an electric adjustment,
- Three-zone climate control,
- Seats for driver and front passenger are heated, ventilated and have 20 electric adjustments (Recaro sport seats with 16 adjustments as optional),
- Parking assistant,
- Electronic parking brake,
- Extensive range of advanced safety systems,
- Trim materials: aniline leather, suede, synthetic leather, natural wood, aluminum and carbon.
The Cadillac CTS-V suspension is fully independent (McPherson struts and double ball bearings in the front five levers in the rear). The new car has electric power steering ZF Servotronic II, the Brembo brakes, the rear differential with an electronic lock, the adaptive suspension Magnetic Ride Control with 4 modes: Touring, Sport, Snow and Track. The heart of the car – petrol 6.2-liter V8 engine with a compressor (649 hp 855 Nm). The transmission Hydra-Matic 8L90 automatic 8 speed.