Two versions of the new pickup trucks 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor 2nd generation are presented for sale in North America in the fall of 2016 at the same time. They are the Ford F-150 Raptor SuperCab (queen-size cab, wheelbase 3378 mm) and the Ford F-150 Raptor SuperCrew (4 doors, double cabin, wheelbase 3683 mm).
There are the review of the Raptor car, the build and the price of new the 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor (including the Ford F 150 SVT Raptor specs) which is about $50000-53000 per basic build of the vehicle, up to about $60000 per the car with additional options.
Engineers use a regular pickup Ford F-150 13 generations as a basis for the Raptor model. They made a lot of improvements in the process of creating a new powerful and expensive truck, and in a technical part and in the design of exterior and interior of the car. The truck is able to overcome a strong off-road and reach speeds of over 160 kmh on a bad road.
For better stability Raptor models have got extended lanes of front and rear wheels, as a result the width of the car has increased by more than 150 mm (6 inches) in comparison with conventional models Ford F-150.
As a standard they set alloy wheels R17 and off-road tires BFGoodrich All-Terrain KO2 on cars. Edges of wheel arches have the protective lining of the scratch-resistant plastic. There is also an exhaust system with two large-diameter pipes. The board of the loading platform has a massive plastic overlay with the words Ford and Raptor.
The interior of the new 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor offers buyers high-quality finishing materials (leather, cloth, soft plastic, carbon fiber and aluminum). Sports seats have an excellent lateral support (and an electric and a heating too) for the driver and the front passenger.
Also there are inside:
- Comfortable accommodation in the rear seats (for the model with double SuperCrew cab),
- A panoramic roof with a sunroof,
- A modern instrument panel with a large 8-inch full color screen,
- A multifunction steering wheel,
- MyFord Touch multimedia system with a 8-inch touch screen,
- A dual-zone climate control,
- An electronic parking brake,
- An overhead console with 6 connectors for the AUX connections.
The buyer can choose:
- Three variants of color interior solutions,
- A long list of options, such as a system of panoramic view, inflatable seat belts, electronic assistants, and advanced security systems.
The 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Specs
In addition to simple pickups F-150 the Raptor models are equipped with energy-intensive suspension Fox Racing Shox as a standart. The suspension has original shock 3 inches (5.5 cm) absorbers, which provides a big free lift (front 284 mm, rear 304 mm). Also, the technical part of the car has such differences:
- A four-wheel drive with a new gearbox (there are a mechanical locking and a flexible distribution of traction between front and rear wheels),
- The Terrain Management System, which has six modes: Normal mode - every day, Street mode - fast driving on asphalt, Weather mode - rain, snow, ice, Mud and sand mode - dirt sand, Baja mode - fast driving on sand, Rock mode - for areas with large stones.
As an option there is a limited slip differential Torsen-type for a front axle. The new Ford F-150 Raptor pickup truck has a petrol turbo 3.5 liter V6 engine (450 hp 610 Nm) from the Ecoboost family that works with the new automatic 10 speed gearbox. The 3.5 L V6 and 6speed automatic gearbox are rated at 18 mpg combined with standard rear-wheel drive, and 17 mpg combined with FWD. The 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor mpg number is improved thanks to the work of the engine and the new 10 speed transmission. The car accelerates to 100 kmh in 6.3 seconds and its top speed is limited and is 160 kmh.