The new compact SUV vehicle Hyundai Kona was presented in early summer 2017 in South Korea.
We have prepared a short review of the new car, which includes specifications, how much cost of the vehicle, some photo and video 2018 Hyundai Kona.
2018 Hyundai Kona price
The starting price of the new 2018 Hyundai Kona is about € 17000-17500. It is cost for the base level. There will soon be a premiere of the Kia Stonic, it has a common platform with the Kona. About the platform – this is the newest very compact platform, which allows to optimally use the space of the car for placing technical elements and filling the interior.
2018 Hyundai Kona specs
The safety of the driver and passengers are ensured by:
- 6 airbags,
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist system with a front camera and radar,
- Lane Keeping Assist,
- High Beam Assist, Driver Attention Warning,
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning.
The car can have a front 2WD or a full 4WD drive. The driver can choose one of three modes of motion: Sports, Normal and Eco.
Petrol engines for the Hyundai Kona:
- Turbo 1.0 liter T-GDI (120 hp 172 Nm) works with 6-speed manual gear, accelerates to 100 km/h in 12.0 seconds, the top speed is 181 km/h.
- 2.0 liters MPI (149 hp 179 Nm) works with 6-speed automatic transmissions, accelerates to 100 km/h in 10.0 seconds, the top speed is 194 km/h.
- The most powerful 1.6-liter turbo T-GDI Gamma (177 hp 265 Nm), works with the robot 7-speed 7DCT. Accelerates to 100 km/h in 7.7 seconds, the top speed is 210 km/h.
Diesel engine for the Hyundai Kona (for Europe only):
- 1.6-liter Turbo Diesel (110 or 133 hp, 275 Nm), works with 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmissions.
Hyundai Motor Company announced in mid-2018 the premiere of the fully electric Hyundai Kona, capable of overcoming up to 390 km on one charge.
2018 Hyundai Kona video test