The new 2018 Volkswagen Atlas is in sale in the USA and in countries of the Near East. We have some news in the review, prices, photo and video, builds and specs of the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas, 7 seats crossover vehicle. The price of new car starts from $ 40.000 in a simplest build. This car was previously presented with the name the Teramont, but later it was decided to change it to the Atlas.
The new crossover vehicle is locating between the already known models the Volkswagen Tiguan and the new generation of the Volkswagen Touareg. The exterior of the new car inherits the style of a prototype Volkswagen Cross Blue Concept. It should also be noted that the new SUV has a lot to do with the crossover Skoda Kodiaq.
The interior of the crossover inherits the traditional Volkswagen style. Laconic lines, excellent ergonomics, high quality materials and rich equipment.
- Virtual instrument panel with a 12.3-inch screen (Volkswagen Digital Cockpit),
- Multimedia system with 9.2-inch color touch screen (Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, MirrorLink, satellite navigation, rear-view camera system and a panoramic view),
- 480-watt Fender speaker system with 12-speakers,
- Heated and ventilated seats first and second-row seats,
- Three-zone climate control,
- Adaptive Cruise Control,
- Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking,
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert,
- Lane Departure Warning and Park Assist.
The Automatic Post-Collision Braking System is standard, it helps to minimize the possibility of damage to the driver and passengers in a frontal collision.
2018 Volkswagen Atlas specs
The large SUV vehicle can be equipped with one of two petrol engines, which operate from 8 speed automatic transmission. This may be the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas 4×4 or the with FWD.
- 2.0-liter TSI (238 hp), with front-wheel drive.
- 3.6-liter VR6 (280 hp), with four-wheel drive 4Motion.
However, it should be noted that the engine VR6 is quite old, he is already 11 years old, he has poor fuel efficiency by today’s standards.
2018 Volkswagen Atlas video test