Get the review of the 2019 Lexus ES with photos and video test, price and specifications. For the first time in 30 years of the global car model's history the new Lexus ES sedan sales in America, Asia and Europe. The car vehicle received the GA-K platform of TNGA family, as new 2018 Toyota Camry and 2019 Toyota Avalon have.
In Europe, the new Lexus ES can also be bought with a hybrid engine - Lexus ES 300h (218 hp, 4.7 liters fuel consumption in total). Turbo motors are not provided for the new generation of the model.
Lexus ES 2019 price
The start of sales of the new 7 generation Lexus ES from the fall of 2018 at a price from $ 39,000-40,000, that is not much more than the cost of the previous generation model.
Lexus ES 2019 specs
It's like the tradition for the Lexus new sedan to be bought both in the standard Lexus ES version and in the more aggressive Lexus ES F Sport.
The interior of the new 2018 Lexus ES in the base version:
- Compact multifunction steering wheel,
- Virtual instrument panel,
- Multimedia complex with 8.0-inch (standard equipment) or 12.3-inch (optional) touch-screen color display,
- Simple and logical control unit for climate control,
- Touch pad on the central tunnel for managing the multimedia system,
- Leather interior trim,
- Driver's and front passenger's seats with the electric adjustment of heating and cooling,
- Safety complex Lexus Safety System + (second generation).
For the top specs they have:
- Electric steering column,
- Premium audio system Mark Levinson PurePlay,
- Panoramic roof with a hatch,
- Ventilation of the front seats.
The new Lexus ES has a completely independent front-end architecture (McPherson strut) and rear (multi-link) suspension, all wheel disc brakes, electric power steering, it is mounted on a rail. All versions have a front-wheel drive.
Petrol engines for the new Lexus ES:
- Lexus ES 200 4 cylinders 2.0 liters (150 HP 200 Nm), it works with 6-speed automatic gear.
- Lexus ES 250 4 cylinders of 2.5 liters (203 hp 249 Nm), works with 8-speed automatic gear.
- Lexus ES 350 6 cylinders 3.5 liter (301 HP 362 Nm), works with automatic 8-gear transmission Direct Shift-8AT.
The Lexus ES 300h hybrid: a 2.5-liter petrol 4 cylinders engine (running in the Atkinson cycle) and an electric motor, an electro-mechanical gearbox, a nickel-metal hydride battery (total power of 218 hp).